This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Steve Reed’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Croydon North
We’re missing a photo of Steve Reed. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 30 November 2012 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Steve Reed
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Steve Reed voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Education, Health, Transport, Communities and Local Government
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Croydon Tramlink, Croydon University Hospital, Police: Croydon, Olaseni Lewis, Police Stations: Croydon
(based on written questions asked by Steve Reed and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (19 out of 19)
- Upcoming Business – Commons: Main Chamber (5 Jun 2013)
“Compensation for victims of the summer 2011 public disorder – Steve Reed.”
- Mental Health (16 May 2013)
“It is a pleasure to follow many moving and thought-provoking contributions. I want to raise the case of Olaseni Lewis, known to his family as Seni, who died after his family left him in the care of the mental health service. Seni was a 23-year-old young black man living in Croydon North, the constituency that I now represent. He had a degree in IT and plans for further postgraduate study....”
- Mental Health (16 May 2013)
“I thank the Minister for his intervention. I am grateful for his generous offer, which I will certainly take up.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 19 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 29 written questions since joining Parliament — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 17 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Steve Reed’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 17 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register