This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Stephen Gilbert’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat MP for St Austell and Newquay
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Stephen Gilbert
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Stephen Gilbert voted on key issues:
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Defence, Work and Pensions, Energy and Climate Change, Communities and Local Government, Education
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Pay, Regional Pay, Green Deal Scheme, Housing: Construction, Post Offices
(based on written questions asked by Stephen Gilbert and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- MARRIAGE (SAME SEX COUPLES) BILL Committee (11 out of 13)
- Prisons (Property) bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (13 out of 16)
- Financial Services Bill Committee (18 out of 18)
- Superannuation bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Localism Bill Committee (23 out of 24)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: New Clause 1 — Education Act 1996 (20 May 2013)
“Does the hon. Gentleman recognise that one of the considerations should be the pastoral care that those chaplains owe to the gay and lesbian soldiers, sailors and airmen who have openly served our country in conflict for many years now?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Corporate Tax Evasion (14 May 2013)
“What plans the Government have to use the UK’s presidency of the G8 to tackle corporate tax evasion.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stephen Gilbert’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 85 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register