This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Simon Wright’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat MP for Norwich South
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Simon Wright
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Simon Wright voted on key issues:
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Energy and Climate Change, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Transport, Culture Media and Sport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Mental Health Services: Complaints, Green Deal Scheme, Electricity: Meters, Organs: Donors, Meat: Ritual Slaughter
(based on written questions asked by Simon Wright and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Crime and Courts Bill Committee (11 out of 13)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Local Government Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Civil Aviation Bill Committee (13 out of 14)
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Non-Fossil Fuel Purchasing Agency (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what assessment his Department has made of the effect on electricity supply market plurality following the closure of the Non-Fossil Purchasing Agency by 2018.”
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Renewables Obligation (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what assessment he has made of the removal of the renewable obligation and its effect on access-to-market issues for independent low carbon generators; and if he will make a statement.”
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Plastic Bags: Wales (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what assessment he has made of the first-year results of the plastic bag levy in Wales; and if he will make a statement.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 23 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 82.99% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Simon Wright’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 13 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register