This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Simon Hart’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Simon Hart
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Simon Hart voted on key issues:
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Work and Pensions, Home Department, Energy and Climate Change, Education
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Regulation, Bovine Tuberculosis: Disease Control, Squirrels, Work Capability Assessment: Appeals, Private Prosecutions
(based on written questions asked by Simon Hart and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Legislation (Territorial Extent) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Flood Control (13 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs whether his Department has considered the possibility of widening and deepening rivers to help alleviate flooding in regularly affected areas.”
- Written Answers — Justice: Rspca (12 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Justice on how many occasions his Department has, following an order of the Crown Court, paid money out of public funds to (a) the RSPCA and (b) defendants prosecuted by the RSPCA in the last five years; and what amount was paid on each such occasion.”
- Written Answers — Justice: Criminal Defence Service (11 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Justice what steps he is taking to ensure the bi-lingual provision of criminal defence services in Wales.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 60 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 87.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Simon Hart’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 121 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register