This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Sarah Champion’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Rotherham
We’re missing a photo of Sarah Champion. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 30 November 2012 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Sarah Champion
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Sarah Champion voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Justice, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Universal Credit, Vocational Training, Sexual Offences Act 2003, Work Programme, Housing Benefit: Social Rented Housing
(based on written questions asked by Sarah Champion and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Homelessness (16 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions if he will work with homelessness organisations to assess the effectiveness of the toolkit for identification of homelessness by Jobcentre Plus advisers.”
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme (16 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1) if he will strengthen the minimum service standards for the Work programme to better improve the experience of homeless people who use the service; (2) what steps he plans to take to improve job outcomes for homeless people in the Work programme.”
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Universal Credit (14 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what estimate he has made of the number of families who will receive universal credit and have one or more members in work but will not have a member eligible to pay income tax in 2015-16.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 18 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 7 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 67.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 17 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sarah Champion’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 12 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register