This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Roger Godsiff’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Birmingham, Hall Green
- Also represented Birmingham, Sparkbrook and Small Heath; Birmingham Small Heath
- Entered Parliament on 9 April 1992 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Roger Godsiff
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Roger Godsiff voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted moderately for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the Iraq war. votes
- Voted moderately against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted moderately against a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Home Department, Work and Pensions, Defence, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Rail Travel, IT Contracts, Avian Influenza, High Speed 2 Railway Line, Work Capability Assessment
(based on written questions asked by Roger Godsiff and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — Home Department: Police: Surveillance (28 Feb 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department which organisations were the subject of undercover operations by the (a) Special Demonstration Squad and (b) National Public Order Intelligence Union in which the identities of dead children were used.”
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: Iraq Committee of Inquiry (28 Jan 2013)
“To ask the Prime Minister when he expects Sir John Chilcot to publish his report on Iraq.”
- Written Answers — Health: Dental Services (23 Jan 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health whether NHS dentistry is included in the coalition agreement to protect front-line patient services through a real terms budget increase; and what proportion of efficiency savings will be directed back into NHS dentistry.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 37 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 49.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 158 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Roger Godsiff’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 68 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£24,006 (joint 1st with 48 others)||£23,083 (joint 1st with 142 others)||£22,110 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£21,634||£20,902 (joint 1st with 187 others)||£20,333 (joint 3rd with 149 others)||£19,722 (joint 1st with 230 others)||£12,626 (498th)|
|Office running costs||£8,561 (607th)||£16,376 (418th)||£19,224 (422nd)||£26,046||£19,282 (joint 159th with 2 others)||£18,799 (joint 13th with 178 others)||£18,216 (joint 245th with 2 others)||£6,796 (595th)|
|Staffing costs||£113,729 (2nd)||£95,459 (52nd)||£88,484 (100th)||£78,035||£70,379 (320th)||£68,023 (joint 228th with 71 others)||£65,596 (joint 179th with 51 others)||£50,331 (175th)|
|Communications Allowance||£10,056 (235th)||£10,008 (128th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£8,538 (265th)1||£8,311 (281st)2||£8,170 (300th)||£7,648||£15,791 (123rd)||£13,181 (207th)||£13,056 (199th)||£9,364 (252nd)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£1,133 (68th)||£1,086 (89th)||£1,133 (107th)||£817||£1,256 (148th)||£1,188 (134th)||£899 (183rd)||£1,037 (128th)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£1,133 (104th)||£1,416 (96th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£6,865 (64th)||£1,441 (106th)||£3,419 (37th)||£3,350||£1,345 (200th)||£1,447 (joint 135th with 1 other)||£732 (455th)||£1,689 (122nd)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£5,497 (joint 17th with 1 other)||£6,525 (91st)||£9,776||£2,110 (388th)||£3,543 (203rd)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,208 (joint 314th with 1 other)||£994 (427th)||£629||£1,979 (joint 105th with 8 others)||£1,979 (joint 98th with 8 others)||£1,979 (joint 97th with 8 others)||£1,979 (joint 94th with 8 others)|
|Other Costs||£15,318 (4th)||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Total||£189,338 (2nd)||£163,885 (60th)||£150,059 (88th)||£147,935||£133,044 (138th)||£128,493 (143rd)||£120,200 (166th)||£83,822 (434th)|