This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Rehman Chishti’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Gillingham and Rainham
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Rehman Chishti
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Rehman Chishti voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Defence, Health, Justice, Education, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Unmanned Air Vehicles, Organs: Donors, Afghanistan, Legal Aid Scheme, Schools: Admissions
(based on written questions asked by Rehman Chishti and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [LORDS] Committee (0 out of 1)
- Protection of Freedoms Bill Committee (18 out of 20)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Syria (20 May 2013)
“Senator Kerry has said that President Assad cannot be part of any transitional Government. Does the Secretary of State agree with that view and will he clarify the Russian view on that statement?”
- Mental Health (16 May 2013)
“Like every other hon. Member here, I pay tribute to my hon. Friend for the work he has done on this issue over many years. Does he agree that the current NHS approaches are too focused on fighting fires, and that more investment in community and preventive care would improve quality and potentially reduce costs, a view shared by an expert from Imperial college?”
- Mental Health (16 May 2013)
“Will the hon. Lady give way?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 100 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 114 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rehman Chishti’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 65 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register