This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Rachel Reeves’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Leeds West
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Rachel Reeves
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Rachel Reeves voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Treasury, Cabinet Office, Health, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Government Procurement Card, Pay, Recruitment, Plants, State Retirement Pensions
(based on written questions asked by Rachel Reeves and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Finance Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (12 out of 14)
- Pensions Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Written Answers — Education: Plants (23 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education how much his Department has spent on indoor and outdoor plants and trees since his appointment.”
- Written Answers — Education: Recruitment (23 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education how much his Department has spent on advertising job vacancies since May 2010.”
- Written Answers — Treasury: Departmental Expenditure Limits (22 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer by what amount is (a) in today's prices and (b) as a percentage Departmental Resource DEL budgets (excluding depreciation) have been adjusted for (i) 2012-13, (ii) 2013-14 and (iii) 2014-15 as a result of the policy announced in the Autumn Statement 2011 that public sector pay awards would average one per cent for each of the two years following the end...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 189 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 63.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 85 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rachel Reeves’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 139 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register