This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Penny Mordaunt’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Portsmouth North
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Penny Mordaunt
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Penny Mordaunt voted on key issues:
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Defence, Treasury, Communities and Local Government, Deputy Prime Minister
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Cancer: Drugs, Military Aircraft, Bill of Rights, Film, Work Capability Assessment: Appeals
(based on written questions asked by Penny Mordaunt and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- European Union Documents: Syria (EU Restrictive Measures) (21 May 2013)
“I agree entirely with what my hon. Friend says about the burdens put on Jordan in particular. Does he agree that more pressure should be put on the United Arab Emirates to contribute more to humanitarian relief?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Syria (20 May 2013)
“What discussions has the Foreign Secretary had with the United Arab Emirates regarding its funding of decent facilities and medical care for Syrian refugees in Jordan, and the contribution that it has made to the humanitarian effort to date?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 73.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Penny Mordaunt’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 76 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register