This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Pauline Latham’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Mid Derbyshire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Pauline Latham
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Pauline Latham voted on key issues:
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, International Development, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Communities and Local Government, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Cancer: Drugs, Nigeria: Corruption, Cancer, Housing: Construction, Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation
(based on written questions asked by Pauline Latham and answered by departments)
- Written Answers — International Development: Developing Countries: HIV Infection (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what initiatives she is supporting to streamline the licensing of new HIV medicines in developing countries.”
- Written Answers — Health: HIV Infection (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health for what reason NHS England has withdrawn its BHIVA guidelines commissioning policy; and whether it intends to commission HIV treatment and services according to authoritative clinical guidelines.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Employment (20 May 2013)
“What recent estimate he has made of the number of people in full-time employment.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 70.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Pauline Latham’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register