This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Paul Blomfield’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Sheffield Central
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Paul Blomfield
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Paul Blomfield voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Business, Innovation and Skills, Transport, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Health, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Driving Under Influence: Rehabilitation, Burma, Higher Education: Admissions, Higher Education: Private Sector, Departmental Procurement
(based on written questions asked by Paul Blomfield and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill Committee (12 out of 14)
- Mobile Homes Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Finance (No. 3) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Upcoming Business – Commons: Main Chamber (19 Jun 2013)
“High Cost Credit – Paul Blomfield.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Topical Questions (13 Jun 2013)
“The Secretary of State will know of the campaign launched by the Cutlers company, supported by the Sheffield Star and with wide support across the city, concerning the threat posed by the red tape challenge to controls over the use of the name Sheffield. In response to the campaign, the Deputy Prime Minister has indicated that the protected name status for Sheffield will be retained. Is that...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 73.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 152 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Paul Blomfield’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 79 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register