This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Nigel Adams’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Selby and Ainsty
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Nigel Adams
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Nigel Adams voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Communities and Local Government, Energy and Climate Change, Treasury, Education, Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Wind Power, Renewable Energy, Schools: Public Footpaths, Planning Permission, Floods: Insurance
(based on written questions asked by Nigel Adams and answered by departments)
- Economic Growth (15 May 2013)
“Will the hon. Lady give way?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (15 May 2013)
“Has the Deputy Prime Minister had time to reflect on this week’s analysis of Yorkshire’s top 150 companies by the accountancy firm BDO, which shows that in the last year businesses in Yorkshire have seen an increase in revenues of £5 billion, that investment is up 20%, that exports to emerging markets are up 50%, and that 10,000 new jobs have been created?”
- Cost of Living (14 May 2013)
“Will the hon. Lady give way?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 83.63% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nigel Adams’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register