This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Nicola Blackwood’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Oxford West and Abingdon
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Nicola Blackwood
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Nicola Blackwood voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, International Development, Education, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Contracts, Universal Credit, Immigration Controls, Campsfield House Immigration Removal Centre, Burma: Religious Freedom
(based on written questions asked by Nicola Blackwood and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- European Union Documents: Syria (EU Restrictive Measures) (21 May 2013)
“Will my hon. Friend give way?”
- Flood Insurance (26 Mar 2013)
“My hon. Friend is making some excellent points about Environment Agency approval of flood plains. She began by talking about dilapidated sewerage systems. Does she agree that we need to include Thames Water more in decisions about planning, because a lot of our drainage systems are causing problems with surface water flooding?”
- Flood Insurance (26 Mar 2013)
“I suspect that my hon. Friend is about to describe a flood group like the Oxford Flood Alliance, which he and I are familiar with. It plays a huge role in reducing flood risk in Oxford by coming up with flood plans, mitigating flood risk in communities and developing flood resilience. Does he agree that this is a really important thing to encourage, and that any future flood insurance scheme...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 73.91% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 173 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nicola Blackwood’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Address of donor : private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: individual
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register