This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Nicky Morgan’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Loughborough
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Nicky Morgan
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Nicky Morgan voted on key issues:
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Work and Pensions, Transport, Treasury, Communities and Local Government
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Employment and Support Allowance, Railway Network, Planning Permission, Schools: Hearing Impairment, Midland Main Line: Standards
(based on written questions asked by Nicky Morgan and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Bill Committee: HGV Road User Levy Bill: Clause 17 - Regulations (11 Dec 2012)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Topical Questions (4 Sep 2012)
“Ministers will be aware of the concern about the case in Pakistan involving a young girl, Rimsha Masih, who is thought to be as young as 14 and to have learning difficulties and who has been accused of blasphemy. Can Ministers update the House on what representations they have made to the Pakistan Government about this case?”
- Written Answers — Health: Mental Health Services (3 Sep 2012)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health when he expects to publish an implementation plan for his Department's No Health without Mental Health framework.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 89.39% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nicky Morgan’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 71 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register