This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Nick de Bois’s activity (no more than once per day)
Nick de Bois
Conservative MP for Enfield North
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Nick de Bois
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Nick de Bois voted on key issues:
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Justice, Home Department, International Development, Education
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Bangladesh, Enfield, Departmental Drinking Water, Drugs: Misuse, Driving: Licensing
(based on written questions asked by Nick de Bois and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Disabled Persons' Parking Badges Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Health and Social Care Bill Committee (40 out of 40)
- Coinage (Measurement) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Home Department: Telecommunications (20 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department pursuant to the answer of 14 May 2013, Official Report, column 119W, on telecommunications, which local authorities provided further information; and if she will make a statement.”
- Written Answers — Defence: Enfield (20 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how much funding (a) his Department and (b) each of the non-departmental public bodies for which he is responsible has allocated to the London borough of Enfield local authority in each of the last five years.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: British Producers: New Markets (16 May 2013)
“What progress he has made on opening up new markets to British producers.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 178 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nick de Bois’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 84 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register