This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Michael Dugher’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Barnsley East
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Michael Dugher
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Michael Dugher voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Cabinet Office, Defence, Work and Pensions, Communities and Local Government, Health
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Procurement, Social Exclusion, Government Departments: Databases, Thameslink Railway Line: Rolling Stock, Rescue Services
(based on written questions asked by Michael Dugher and answered by departments)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Cabinet Office: Topical Questions (19 Dec 2012)
“In July 2010 the Minister for the Cabinet Office said that “it is essential that we take radical steps to increase efficiency and reduce energy use. . . This Government is determined to tackle waste wherever it exists, and that includes energy”, yet according to figures updated last week on data.gov.uk, energy use in the Minister’s own Department at 70 Whitehall has...”
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: Press Conferences (10 Dec 2012)
“To ask the Prime Minister (1) how many monthly press conferences he has held at Number 10 Downing street since May 2010; and on which dates they took place; (2) at which press conferences he has taken more than three questions from journalists since May 2010.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Cabinet Office: Government Contracts (7 Nov 2012)
“In June this year the Minister for the Cabinet Office launched the Government procurement Solutions Exchange website, saying that it was “an easy, informal way for smaller firms to find out about emerging opportunities”. It all sounded very promising. Is he aware that for the past two months SMEs, when logging on to the website, have been greeted by the words, “Nothing...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 36 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 67.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 38 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Dugher’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 17 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register