This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Martin Vickers’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Cleethorpes
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Martin Vickers
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Martin Vickers voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Health, Treasury, Business, Innovation and Skills, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Social Security Benefits: EU Nationals, Hospitals: Food, New Businesses, Primary Care Trusts: Redundancy, Ports: Finance
(based on written questions asked by Martin Vickers and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- HGV Road User Levy Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- The High Street — [Philip Davies in the Chair] (21 May 2013)
“It is a great pleasure to have the opportunity to speak in this debate as the third member of the north Lincolnshire trio. This debate provides an opportunity for us all to showcase our high streets, and I will be no exception to that. First, however, I want to touch on the Portas review, as mentioned by the hon. Member for Rochdale (Simon Danczuk) and others. As I have said in previous...”
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Natural England: Staff (20 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs how many staff are employed by Natural England; and how many such staff are designated as managers.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 60 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 90.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Martin Vickers’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 83 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register