This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Mark Menzies’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Fylde
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Mark Menzies
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Mark Menzies voted on key issues:
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Transport, Culture Media and Sport, Defence, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Nurses: Standards, Public Houses, Flood Control: Lytham St Annes, Mortgages: Government Assistance, Cats: Animal Welfare
(based on written questions asked by Mark Menzies and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- PARTNERSHIPS (PROSECUTION) (SCOTLAND) BILL [LORDS] Committee (1 out of 1)
- FINANCE (NO. 2) BILL Committee (4 out of 4)
- Written Answers — Justice: Employment of Ex-offenders (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Justice what plans he has to assist ex-offenders into employment.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Media and Sport: Topical Questions (18 Apr 2013)
“I commend the Minister on the work that is being done on rolling out superfast broadband, but this week I have heard from some constituents who are concerned about possible delays in rolling out superfast broadband to rural Fylde. May I have an assurance that the Minister will look into this and that we will get some transparency from BT to ensure that we have reassurances for rural areas?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Health: Dementia (16 Apr 2013)
“What steps his Department plans to take to improve dementia diagnosis rates and to reduce regional variations in such diagnoses.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 21 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 91.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Menzies’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register