This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Margaret Curran’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Glasgow East
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Margaret Curran
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Margaret Curran voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Scotland, Treasury, Cabinet Office, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Scotland, Disability Living Allowance, Grants, Sovereignty: Scotland, Income Tax: Scotland
(based on written questions asked by Margaret Curran and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Welfare Reform Bill Committee (24 out of 26)
- Written Answers — Treasury: Income Tax: Scotland (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer pursuant to his answer of 20 May 2013, Official Report, column 462W, on income tax: Scotland, if he will place in the Library the agenda and minutes of the last three meetings of the (a) Pensions Technical Group, (b) Charities Technical Group and (c) Income Tax Group.”
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Property (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what the (a) location and (b) value is of any property his Department owns in Scotland.”
- Written Answers — Scotland: Income Tax (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland what discussions he has had with his ministerial colleagues about the implementation costs of the Scottish rate of income tax.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 189 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 69.84% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 42 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margaret Curran’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register