This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Madeleine Moon’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Bridgend
- Entered Parliament on 5 May 2005 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Madeleine Moon
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Madeleine Moon voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted very strongly for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Defence, Health, Home Department, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Armed Forces: Sexual Offences, Furniture, Departmental Furniture, Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations, Biodiversity
(based on written questions asked by Madeleine Moon and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Coroners and Justice Bill Committee (13 out of 16)
- Special Educational Needs (Information) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Education and Skills Bill Committee (16 out of 20)
- Mental Health Bill Committee (12 out of 12)
- Northern Ireland (Offences) Bill Committee (6 out of 6)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Bill Committee (4 out of 5)
- National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Natural Environment and Rural Communities Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Commissioner for Older People (Wales) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Written Answers — Home Department: Domestic Violence (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many victimless prosecutions in cases of domestic violence have been conducted by each police force in each year since 2005; and if she will make a statement.”
- Written Answers — Home Department: Police National Computer (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether police information notices are recorded on the police national computer; and if she will make a statement.”
- Written Answers — Defence: Armed Forces: Disciplinary Proceedings (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence with reference to the answer of 22 April 2013, Official Report, column 613W, on armed forces: disciplinary proceedings, (1) of the appeals against both finding and punishment, how many have resulted in the (a) finding being changed and (b) sentence being changed; and if he will make a statement; (2) of the appeals against punishments, how many have...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 281 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 55.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 26 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Madeleine Moon’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 213 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05||2003/04||2002/03||2001/02|
|Staying away from main home||£23,999 (joint 53rd with 1 other)||£22,902 (218th)||£22,110 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£21,634|
|Office running costs||£15,492 (413th)||£18,994 (295th)||£21,104 (230th)||£27,348|
|Staffing costs||£101,856 (106th)||£93,206 (96th)||£81,902 (404th)||£76,580|
|Communications Allowance||£12,307 (81st)||£10,287 (109th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£8,726 (256th)1||£9,673 (234th)2||£8,338 (296th)||£8,445|
|Members' Staff Travel||£348 (joint 209th with 1 other)||£1,685 (38th)||£1,120 (108th)||£498|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£474 (203rd)||£867 (138th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£1,951 (joint 524th with 1 other)||£910 (joint 256th with 1 other)||£1,483 (164th)||£1,928|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£2,182 (349th)||£4,530 (157th)||£6,547||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,023 (joint 560th with 1 other)||£930 (joint 523rd with 22 others)||£930|
|Total||£165,154 (126th)||£161,729 (78th)||£141,517 (251st)||£145,143|