This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lucy Powell’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Manchester Central
We’re missing a photo of Lucy Powell. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 16 November 2012 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Lucy Powell
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lucy Powell voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Education
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Children: Day Care, Young People: Carers, Children in Care, Child Minding
(based on written questions asked by Lucy Powell and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (16 out of 19)
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Written Answers — Education: Children in Care (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education when he expects to publish the next stage of the Children's Home Reform Programme.”
- Written Answers — Education: Young People: Carers (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education what guidance he currently provides to schools to support pupils who might be young carers.”
- Written Answers — Education: Child Minding (13 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education which organisations and individuals are part of the Task and Finish Group for developing a childminder agency framework; how those organisations and individuals were chosen; and whether any organisations and individuals were invited to join that group but declined.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 63.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lucy Powell’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register