This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lindsay Roy’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Glenrothes
- Entered Parliament on 7 November 2008 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Lindsay Roy
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lindsay Roy voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for a transparent Parliament. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Defence, International Development, Work and Pensions, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Remploy, Borders: Personal Records, Armed Forces: Uniforms, Armed Forces: Pensions, Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
(based on written questions asked by Lindsay Roy and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Superannuation bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Financial Services Bill Committee (10 out of 14)
- Children, Schools and Families Bill Committee (3 out of 12)
- Finance Bill Committee (17 out of 18)
- Driving Instruction (Suspension and Exemption Powers) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Cost of Living (14 May 2013)
“Would my hon. Friend like to add that there is nothing to tackle the mushrooming of food banks, which is calamitous in a society like ours?”
- Written Answers — Treasury: Welfare State: Reform (14 May 2013)
“To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what estimate his Department has made of the expected percentage reduction in welfare expenditure that will be achieved through changes to the benefits system.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 73 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2008: Too little data for valid analysis.
- Has voted in 76.98% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lindsay Roy’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 34 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register