This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Kris Hopkins’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Keighley
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Kris Hopkins
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Kris Hopkins voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Defence, Home Department, Justice, Communities and Local Government, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Armed Forces: Housing, Courts: Fines, Planning, Armed Forces: Pay, Falkland Islands
(based on written questions asked by Kris Hopkins and answered by departments)
- G8 (19 Jun 2013)
“Yesterday my right hon. Friend commented on the possible route to a political solution in Afghanistan following the opening of talks between the United States and the Taliban. May I encourage him to offer our resources to those who are beginning to tread that very difficult path, and to share our experience of peace talks in these islands with them?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Cabinet Office: Topical Questions (19 Jun 2013)
“Keighley town council is currently running a £160,000 deficit and has a liability of £1 million. Is my right hon. Friend aware that there is no accountable body for town councils and therefore no one to protect taxpayers’ money? Will he look at this issue as a matter of urgency?”
- Nato: Iran (17 Jun 2013)
“Earlier today, Mr Rouhani vowed to ensure that there is greater transparency with respect to Iran’s nuclear programme. Given that Iran has been deemed a dangerous rogue nation for more than 30 years, does the Foreign Secretary agree that the new President must demonstrate positive deeds, not just words, if he is to be taken seriously?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kris Hopkins’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 35 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register