This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Katy Clark’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for North Ayrshire and Arran
- Entered Parliament on 5 May 2005 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Katy Clark
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Katy Clark voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted very strongly against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Work and Pensions, Transport, Defence, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Bahrain, Animal Experiments: Scotland, National Minimum Wage, Agency Staff, Western Sahara
(based on written questions asked by Katy Clark and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Antarctic Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- PARTNERSHIPS (PROSECUTION) (SCOTLAND) BILL [LORDS] Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Pensions Bill Committee (5 out of 8)
- Chairman, London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (Amendment) Bill Committee (1 out of 3)
- Health and Safety (Offences) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Rights of Savers Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Upcoming Business – Commons: Westminster Hall (25 Jun 2013)
“Privatisation of Royal Mail – Katy Clark.”
- Written Answers — Transport: Rescue Services (19 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how many and what proportion of shifts at maritime rescue co-ordination centres were staffed at below risk-assessed levels in May 2013.”
- Written Answers — Transport: Rescue Services: Belfast (19 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Transport on how many occasions the Maritime Rescue Co-ordination Centre, Belfast was staffed at below risk-assessed levels in May 2013.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 206 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Katy Clark’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 145 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05||2003/04||2002/03||2001/02|
|Staying away from main home||£17,700 (366th)||£16,661 (468th)||£21,453 (315th)||£5,762|
|Office running costs||£24,432 (63rd)||£23,778 (joint 69th with 1 other)||£23,499 (139th)||£20,328|
|Staffing costs||£88,278 (476th)||£87,140 (341st)||£90,814 (56th)||£75,141|
|Communications Allowance||£9,023 (joint 308th with 1 other)||£9,772 (joint 192nd with 1 other)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£11,026 (160th)1||£14,410 (90th)2||£13,555 (100th)||£12,012|
|Members' Staff Travel||£960 (81st)||£2,073 (25th)||£1,452 (73rd)||£638|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£5,520 (146th)||£494 (495th)||£675 (426th)||£940|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£1,335 (504th)||£4,220 (181st)||£3,898||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,189 (344th)||£1,099 (joint 242nd with 5 others)||£1,099|
|Total||£156,938 (240th)||£156,852 (148th)||£156,767 (40th)||£119,818|