This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Justin Tomlinson’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for North Swindon
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Justin Tomlinson
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Justin Tomlinson voted on key issues:
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Education, Home Department, Health, Business, Innovation and Skills, Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Human Trafficking, Financial Services: Education, Libraries, Schools: Finance, Food: Labelling
(based on written questions asked by Justin Tomlinson and answered by departments)
- Cost of Living (14 May 2013)
“I would add to the hon. Lady’s list of housing costs the practices of some leasehold management companies, which trap tenants with ever increasing service charges while not allowing them the access they should to the right to manage,”
- Written Answers — Communities and Local Government: Council Tax: Students (13 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if he will introduce an income or capital limit for eligibility for council tax exemption for full-time students.”
- Written Answers — Justice: Prisoners: Repatriation (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Justice if he will take steps to seek the deportation of convicted rapist Gintas Burinskas to Lithuania to serve his prison sentence.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 100 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 94.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 28 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 124 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Justin Tomlinson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register