This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Julian Sturdy’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for York Outer
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Julian Sturdy
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Julian Sturdy voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Health, Communities and Local Government, Education, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Non-domestic Rates: Empty Property, Tax Allowances, Lobbying, Planning Permission, Dairy Farming
(based on written questions asked by Julian Sturdy and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Presumption of Death Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Health and Social Care Bill Committee (39 out of 40)
- Nursery Funding (16 Apr 2013)
“It is a privilege, Mr Dobbin, to serve under your chairmanship this afternoon for what I think is the first time. It is also a privilege to debate the important issue of nursery funding. As all parents, grandparents, foster carers and indeed anyone involved with young children know, child care funding has been a contentious issue for some years. Indeed, over the past few years, the price of...”
- Written Answers — Health: Health Care: York and North Yorkshire (16 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health what steps his Department is taking to alleviate the effect on health care funding in York and North Yorkshire of an ageing population.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 88.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julian Sturdy’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 66 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register