This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jonathan Reynolds’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Stalybridge and Hyde
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jonathan Reynolds
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jonathan Reynolds voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Work and Pensions, Health, Defence, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Working Tax Credit, Incapacity Benefit: Greater Manchester, Incapacity Benefit, Continuing Care, Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan Reynolds and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- MARRIAGE (SAME SEX COUPLES) BILL Committee (10 out of 13)
- Legislation (Territorial Extent) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders bill Committee (17 out of 18)
- Localism Bill Committee (22 out of 24)
- The High Street — [Philip Davies in the Chair] (21 May 2013)
“I thank my hon. Friend for securing the debate and I praise the work that he has done in Rochdale. The debate has been quite partisan so far. I am a bit more favourable towards what the Government have done so far. I think that the Portas review was quite a good piece of work. However, I share my hon. Friend’s concern about where the money has been spent and the fact that it has not...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 60 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 67.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jonathan Reynolds’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 68 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register