This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jonathan Evans’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Cardiff North
- Also represented Brecon and Radnor
- Entered Parliament on 9 April 1992 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jonathan Evans
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jonathan Evans voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Work and Pensions, Wales, Health, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Animal Experiments: Wales, Organs: Donors, Unemployed People: Work Experience, Human Transplantation (Wales) Bill, Government Departments: Databases
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan Evans and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Music: Copyright (13 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what recent representations he has made to his (a) European and (b) US counterparts concerning the resolution of any music copyright disputes as part of any Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership between the EU and the US.”
- Written Answers — Culture Media and Sport: Royal Shakespeare Company (3 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (1) what assessment she has made of the economic contribution of the Royal Shakespeare Company; (2) what assessment she has made of the economic contribution of the Royal Opera House; (3) what assessment she has made of the economic value to the UK of British orchestras.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Wales: National Transport Infrastructure (M4) (15 May 2013)
“What discussions he has had with his ministerial colleagues and others on the contribution of the M4 to the UK’s national transport infrastructure.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 37 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 86.11% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jonathan Evans’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 201 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register