This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jonathan Evans’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Cardiff North
- Also represented Brecon and Radnor
- Entered Parliament on 9 April 1992 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jonathan Evans
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jonathan Evans voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Work and Pensions, Wales, Health, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Animal Experiments: Wales, Organs: Donors, Unemployed People: Work Experience, Human Transplantation (Wales) Bill, Government Departments: Databases
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan Evans and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Cabinet Office: Co-operatives and Mutuals (19 Jun 2013)
“Does my right hon. Friend agree that the current difficulties at the Co-operative bank should in no way deflect the Government from the coalition agreement to promote greater corporate diversity in Britain?”
- Written Answers — International Development: Iran (19 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what representations she has made to the Iranian Government about its commitments under Article 3 of the 1958 Convention concerning Discrimination in Respect of Employment and Occupation and its treatment of the Baha'i community.”
- Written Answers — Transport: Aviation: Freight (18 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what recent discussions he has had on the expansion of air cargo in the UK; and if he will make a statement.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 38 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 86.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jonathan Evans’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 201 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register