This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jonathan Edwards’s activity (no more than once per day)
Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jonathan Edwards
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jonathan Edwards voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Transport, Energy and Climate Change, Business, Innovation and Skills, Culture Media and Sport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Wales, Public Expenditure: Wales, Public Expenditure, Devolution, S4C
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan Edwards and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- PREVENTION OF SOCIAL HOUSING FRAUD BILL Committee (1 out of 1)
- Public Services (Social Enterprise and Social Value) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Sports Grounds Safety Authority Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Green Deal Scheme (16 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change what steps he is taking to ensure that small construction companies are able to access work contracts to deliver the Green Deal.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Wales: Government's Fiscal Policies (15 May 2013)
“The UK Government-sponsored Silk commission recommended empowering the Welsh Government and Welsh local authorities with fiscal responsibility to incentivise economic development. Why were these recommendations not included in the Finance Bill or the Queen’s Speech in a Government of Wales Bill?”
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Social Security Benefits: Veterans (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1) how many former service personnel who have served in either Iraq or Afghanistan are in receipt of work-related benefits; (2) how many former service personnel who have served in either Iraq or Afghanistan are in receipt of disability-related benefits.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 104 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 69.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 61 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jonathan Edwards’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 115 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register