This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jonathan Ashworth’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Leicester South
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2011 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jonathan Ashworth
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jonathan Ashworth voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Business, Innovation and Skills, Treasury, Transport, Home Department, Culture Media and Sport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Publications, Press: Subscriptions, Freedom of Information, Government Procurement Card, Taxis
(based on written questions asked by Jonathan Ashworth and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Financial Services (Banking Reform)Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- FINANCE (NO. 2) BILL Committee (4 out of 4)
- Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill Committee (6 out of 6)
- Live Music Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Public Bodies Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Topical Questions (16 May 2013)
“In recent days, it has emerged that burgers served in Leicester schools that were classified as halal contained pork. There have been similar examples elsewhere in the country. Will the Secretary of State undertake to have urgent discussions with the Food Standards Agency to ensure that halal food is indeed halal food?”
- Written Answers — Cabinet Office: Press: Subscriptions (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office how much No. 10 Downing Street spent on newspapers and periodicals in 2011-12.”
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: India (14 May 2013)
“To ask the Prime Minister what criteria were used to select which backbench hon. Members would accompany him on his recent trip to India; and what the cost was of travel and board for those hon. Members.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 63 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 206 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 78.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jonathan Ashworth’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 51 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register