This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jon Trickett’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Hemsworth
- Entered Parliament on 1 February 1996 — unknown
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jon Trickett
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jon Trickett voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted very strongly for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly against the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately for a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Work and Pensions, Cabinet Office, Home Department, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Security, Vodafone Group, Procurement, Departmental Freedom of Information, Accidents
(based on written questions asked by Jon Trickett and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Written Answers — Education: Disclosure of Information (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Education how many civil servants in his Department have been subject to non-disclosure agreements in each year since 2010.”
- Written Answers — Justice: Disclosure of Information (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Justice how many civil servants in his Department have been subject to non-disclosure agreements in each year since 2010.”
- Written Answers — Communities and Local Government: Disclosure of Information (22 Apr 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how many civil servants in his Department have been subject to non-disclosure agreements in each year since 2010.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 158 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jon Trickett’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 140 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£2,200 (576th)||£6,141 (576th)||£20,965 (351st)||£19,198||£20,902 (joint 1st with 187 others)||£20,333 (joint 3rd with 149 others)||£19,722 (joint 1st with 230 others)||£15,735 (joint 248th with 1 other)|
|Office running costs||£17,619 (326th)||£22,531 (102nd)||£23,069 (154th)||£21,698||£19,089 (216th)||£18,799 (joint 13th with 178 others)||£18,170 (joint 302nd with 1 other)||£19,316 (186th)|
|Staffing costs||£96,553 (285th)||£83,900 (446th)||£84,647 (306th)||£82,383||£74,214 (joint 160th with 13 others)||£71,773 (joint 85th with 44 others)||£65,596 (joint 179th with 51 others)||£49,686 (194th)|
|Communications Allowance||£12,399 (75th)||£5,904 (418th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£8,351 (276th)1||£9,993 (223rd)2||£9,397 (249th)||£10,281||£10,320 (325th)||£10,533 (308th)||£17,543 (88th)||£10,778 (180th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£38 (393rd)||£1,448 (49th)||£0||£869||£0||£1,828 (63rd)||£1,182 (134th)||£1,166 (117th)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£2,172 (41st)||£1,510 (87th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£6,079 (117th)||£1,508 (96th)||£694 (joint 417th with 1 other)||£990||£592 (455th)||£1,602 (110th)||£624 (joint 508th with 1 other)||£859 (386th)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£4,078 (129th)||£1,659 (467th)||£3,006||£935 (580th)||£6,019 (77th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,346 (joint 121st with 7 others)||£1,216 (joint 93rd with 1 other)||£0||£2,060 (joint 16th with 1 other)||£2,060 (joint 12th with 1 other)||£2,060 (joint 12th with 1 other)||£2,060 (joint 12th with 1 other)|
|Other Costs||£0||£0||£0||£1,258||£0||£0||£0||£2,455 (23rd)|
|Total||£145,409 (378th)||£138,359 (427th)||£141,647 (249th)||£139,683||£128,112 (227th)||£132,947 (84th)||£124,897 (70th)||£102,055 (68th)|