This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Former Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow East
- Entered Parliament on 25 July 2008 — Byelection
- Left Parliament on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
- Majority: 365 votes. — 614th out of 643 MPs.
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How John Mason voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in their last parliament.
Most recent appearances
- Written Answers — Cabinet Office: Departmental Lost Property (8 Apr 2010)
“To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office what property has been recorded as (a) lost and (b) stolen from her Department in the last 12 months; and what estimate has been made of the cost of the replacement of that property.”
- Written Answers — Defence: Departmental Lost Property (8 Apr 2010)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what property has been recorded as (a) lost and (b) stolen from his Department in the last 12 months; and what estimate has been made of the cost of the replacement of that property.”
- Written Answers — Children, Schools and Families: Departmental Pay (8 Apr 2010)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families what (a) bonuses and (b) incentives have been paid to (i) consultants and (ii) contractors engaged by non-departmental public bodies for which his Department is responsible in each of the last three years.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 197 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2008: Too little data for valid analysis.
- Has voted in 51.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 20 people are tracking this MP.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 56 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 12 Apr 2010. More about the Register