This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jason McCartney’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Colne Valley
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jason McCartney
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jason McCartney voted on key issues:
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Treasury, Defence, Work and Pensions, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs, Health Services: Foreign Nationals, Industrial Health and Safety, Hepatitis, Armed Forces: Empty Housing
(based on written questions asked by Jason McCartney and answered by departments)
- Nato: Topical Questions (17 Jun 2013)
“Eighteen-year-old Private Thomas Wroe from Meltham, in my constituency, was serving in the 3rd Battalion the Yorkshire Regiment when he was killed by a rogue Afghan policeman last September. Next Thursday, Helme Hall care home will open the Tom Wroe complex care facility, a specialised unit for adults with complex care needs. Tom’s mother, Claire, is a manager at the home. Does my right...”
- Written Answers — Environment Food and Rural Affairs: Poultry: Tumours (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what the incidence of (a) malignant oviduct magnum tumours and (b) non-malignant tumours in spent laying hens was in (i) 2010, (ii) 2011 and (iii) 2012.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 71 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 121 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jason McCartney’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 69 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 22 Apr 2013. More about the Register