This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Jack Lopresti’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Filton and Bradley Stoke
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Jack Lopresti
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Jack Lopresti voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Health, Defence, Home Department, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Palestinians, Middle East, Gift Aid, Iran, Radio Frequencies
(based on written questions asked by Jack Lopresti and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Crime and Courts Bill Committee (13 out of 13)
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Aerospace Technology Institute (16 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (1) what advice his Department has issued to the Aerospace Growth Partnership's working group examining the location of the proposed Aerospace Technology Institute; (2) when he expects to announce the location of the proposed Aerospace Technology Institute; (3) what recent representations he has received on the location of...”
- Reservists (23 Apr 2013)
“Does my hon. Friend accept that there has been a massive change in culture and psyche from the 1980s and early 1990s to recent years? I got my opportunity to serve in the reserve forces only because so many had left because of compulsory mobilisation. I was already three years over the age limit. That is how much things have changed.”
- Reservists (23 Apr 2013)
“It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Dr McCrea. I begin by declaring an interest: I am in the process of joining the RAF reserves—[Hon. Members: “Good for you.”] Thank you. I used to be a TA soldier—I volunteered to be mobilised in 2008, spent a year with 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery and served with them on Op Herrick 9 in Afghanistan. I was...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jack Lopresti’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 30 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register