This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Iain McKenzie’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Inverclyde
We’re missing a photo of Iain McKenzie. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 1 July 2011 — Byelection
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Iain McKenzie
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Iain McKenzie voted on key issues:
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, International Development, Defence, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Work Programme, Developing Countries: Land, Veterans: Employment Schemes, Floods: Insurance, Lobbying
(based on written questions asked by Iain McKenzie and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (7 out of 9)
- Finance Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (13 out of 14)
- Nato: Pensions Bill (17 Jun 2013)
“I will focus my comments on issues raised with me by women from my constituency who were born in the early 1950s and who perceive an injustice in the changes proposed for state pensions. We are all well aware—especially at this time—of what great importance the public place on pensions, as evidenced by the reactions we have seen to any proposed changes. Perhaps we need a...”
- Nato: Pensions Bill (17 Jun 2013)
“I thank the Minister for that information. Louise Fox is not my constituent, but she will find that intervention very welcome. One further worry is that April 2017 is still not set in stone as the date for the start of the new system, and we have been told that it has now changed. Women in this disadvantaged group want to know why they have to wait until age 66 to claim their pension, and...”
- Written Answers — Health: Cancer: Scotland (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many cancer sufferers resident in Scotland travel to England to gain treatment using cancer drugs denied to them in Scotland; and whether he has any plans to prevent such cross-border treatment.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 72.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 24 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Iain McKenzie’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register