This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Heidi Alexander’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Lewisham East
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Heidi Alexander
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Heidi Alexander voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Communities and Local Government, Work and Pensions, International Development, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Afghanistan, Proceeds of Crime, South London Healthcare NHS Trust, Housing Benefit, Mayors: Referendums
(based on written questions asked by Heidi Alexander and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [LORDS] Committee (1 out of 1)
- Justice and Security Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Localism Bill Committee (21 out of 24)
- National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Topical Questions (14 May 2013)
“Can one of the Ministers here today explain exactly how publishing a Bill providing for a European Union referendum in four years’ time will first create jobs, secondly attract investment and thirdly secure Britain’s future in a global economy?”
- Business of the House (9 May 2013)
“There was much hype yesterday over the Government’s immigration Bill. Will the Leader of House make it clear when the Bill will be published and, in advance of that, how the check scheme for private landlords will work and be enforced?”
- [Mr Philip Hollobone in the Chair] — A and E Waiting Times (23 Apr 2013)
“Will the Minister give a commitment today that no changes will be made to Lewisham’s A and E until there are no ambulances being diverted to Lewisham hospital, and waiting time targets are met in the neighbouring hospitals?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 62 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Heidi Alexander’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 115 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register