This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Guto Bebb’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Aberconwy
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Guto Bebb
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Guto Bebb voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Work and Pensions, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Energy and Climate Change, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Palestinians, Energy: Meters, Child Benefit, Railways: Wales, Social Fund
(based on written questions asked by Guto Bebb and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Welfare Reform Bill Committee (26 out of 26)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Topical Questions (20 May 2013)
“Will the Minister join me in welcoming last week’s figures from the Office for National Statistics showing a fourth consecutive quarter of significant growth in the employment of UK nationals? Will he contrast that performance with the performance of the previous Government between 2004 and 20011, when we saw a significant increase in the employment of non-UK nationals in the economy?”
- Written Answers — Culture Media and Sport: S4C (16 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport if she will (a) review the financial position of S4C and (b) institute a fixed funding formula for that channel to facilitate greater stability in financial planning.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 80 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 82.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Guto Bebb’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 127 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register