This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Graham Jones’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Hyndburn
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Graham Jones
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Graham Jones voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Communities and Local Government, Home Department, Work and Pensions, Business, Innovation and Skills, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Police: Accountability, European Fighter Aircraft, Theft: Metals, Independent Living Fund, Metal Theft
(based on written questions asked by Graham Jones and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Energy Bill Committee (16 out of 16)
- Children and Families Bill Committee (16 out of 19)
- Scrap Metal Dealers Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Energy Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Energy Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Budget Responsibility and National Audit Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Written Answers — Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Israel (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what plans he has to intervene more directly to deal with cases of administrative detention in Israel.”
- Written Answers — Home Department: Police: Road Traffic Control (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many road traffic officers have been employed in each of the last five years.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Construction (14 May 2013)
“What discussions he has had with the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government on levels of construction output.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 90 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 81.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Graham Jones’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 73 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register