This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Graeme Morrice’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Livingston
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Graeme Morrice
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Graeme Morrice voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Work and Pensions, Scotland, Health, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Special Educational Needs, Telephone Services, Military Bases: Kirknewton, Parking, Child Benefit
(based on written questions asked by Graeme Morrice and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Finance Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Budget Responsibility and National Audit Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Postal Services Bill Committee (20 out of 21)
- Economic Growth (15 May 2013)
“l have to say that, having listened to the Queen’s Speech last week and the Chancellor today, I am still more convinced that, sadly, the Government’s remarkably thin legislative programme is a further reminder that this is a Government out of ideas, out of touch and just watching the clock tick until the next election. How many signs have the electorate got to send before the...”
- Written Answers — Energy and Climate Change: Natural Gas: Imports (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change if he will introduce measures to reduce the UK's dependence on imported gas.”
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Apprentices (13 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills what steps he has taken to increase the proportion of apprenticeship places for those over 24.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 93 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 79.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Graeme Morrice’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register