This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Graeme Morrice’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Livingston
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Graeme Morrice
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Graeme Morrice voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Treasury, Work and Pensions, Scotland, Health, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Special Educational Needs, Telephone Services, Military Bases: Kirknewton, Parking, Taxation: Bingo
(based on written questions asked by Graeme Morrice and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Finance Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Postal Services Bill Committee (20 out of 21)
- Budget Responsibility and National Audit Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Opposition Day — [2nd Allotted Day] — Protecting Children Online (12 Jun 2013)
“The hon. Gentleman is making some interesting points, but will he clarify whether the Government intend to support the Opposition motion?”
- Written Answers — Business, Innovation and Skills: Research: Cancer (10 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills how much funding provided by the Medical Research Council was spent on research into brain cancer in 2011-12.”
- Written Answers — Justice: Human Rights (6 Jun 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Justice what assessment he has made of the potential effect of the EU's accession to the European Convention on Human Rights on the enforcement of human rights in the UK.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 91 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 61 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Graeme Morrice’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register