This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Glyn Davies’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Montgomeryshire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Glyn Davies
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Glyn Davies voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Energy and Climate Change, Health, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Home Department, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Wind Power, Bovine Tuberculosis, Poultry: Animal Welfare, Heart Diseases, Organs: Donors
(based on written questions asked by Glyn Davies and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Bodies Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Housing Benefit (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what steps he is taking to ensure tenants in the social rented sector do not fall into arrears as a result of receiving direct payments.”
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Work Programme: Powys (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions with reference to the Government's Work programme, how many referrals have been made to the scheme in Powys to date; and how many such referrals have found employment as a result of being on the scheme.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 89 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 75 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 86.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Glyn Davies’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 114 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register