This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Glyn Davies’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Montgomeryshire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Glyn Davies
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Glyn Davies voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Health, Energy and Climate Change, Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Home Department, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Wind Power, Bovine Tuberculosis, Poultry: Animal Welfare, Heart Diseases, Organs: Donors
(based on written questions asked by Glyn Davies and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Bodies Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury: Topical Questions (14 May 2013)
“Perhaps the most welcome policy announcement in the Gracious Speech was the announcement that Ministers would “prioritise measures that reduce the deficit”. Does my right hon. Friend agree that that Government priority is crucial to my Montgomeryshire constituents, because it will keep interest rates low for home owners and for businesses?”
- Business of the House (9 May 2013)
“During yesterday’s excellent Gracious Speech, reference was made to a Bill to make changes to the electoral arrangements in Wales? Given that changes to electoral arrangements in devolved regions are hugely important right across the United Kingdom, will my right hon. Friend ensure that, despite the full legislative programme this Session, adequate time is provided for all Members to...”
- Business of the House (25 Apr 2013)
“The National Assembly for Wales has now resolved to take forward the Welsh Government’s proposal to introduce presumed consent into the organ donation system. Will my right hon. Friend ensure that the view of the Department of Health at Westminster is made clear through a written statement on the consideration that has been given to the impact that change will have on the increasingly...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 92 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 72 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 86.34% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Glyn Davies’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 114 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register