This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Gloria De Piero’s activity (no more than once per day)
Gloria De Piero
Labour MP for Ashfield
We’re missing a photo of Gloria De Piero. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Gloria De Piero
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Gloria De Piero voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Home Department, Work and Pensions, Health, Education, Business, Innovation and Skills
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Antisocial Behaviour, Antisocial Behaviour Orders, Housing Benefit, Departmental Private Education, Art Works
(based on written questions asked by Gloria De Piero and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Mental Health (16 May 2013)
- Mental Health (16 May 2013)
“I wanted to intervene because people were talking about family members. I have a close family member with a severe mental illness. It was a big part of my childhood and early adulthood, and remains a big part of my life to this day. It is so important that we have this conversation. It is not something that people share or talk about because of the stigma that surrounds it. Instead, people...”
- Outlawries Bill: Debate on the Address — [Ist Day] (8 May 2013)
“If it is all going so well, why are more people on the dole in Ashfield than when the Prime Minister took office? Why are more people out of work in my constituency now?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 124 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 71.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gloria De Piero’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 24 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register