This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Geoffrey Robinson’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Coventry North West
- Entered Parliament on 4 March 1976 — unknown
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Geoffrey Robinson
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Geoffrey Robinson voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted for introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted moderately for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Transport, Health, Home Department, Treasury, Education
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Taxis, English Language: Education, Disciplinary Investigations, Accident and Emergency Departments, Crime
(based on written questions asked by Geoffrey Robinson and answered by departments)
- Economic Growth (15 May 2013)
“I think that some of us who have sat through this debate find it regrettable that, to a large extent, it has been hijacked by the obsessively anti-European faction in the coalition parties. It is not that Europe is not important, but the debate is about the Queen’s Speech and a reflection on the Government’s record after three years in office. Rather than intruding on the private...”
- Economic Growth (15 May 2013)
“Here we go again. I do not know of any major infrastructure project that has not run over budget. As my hon. Friend the Member for Huddersfield (Mr Sheerman) said, let us see what happens to HS2. They all run over budget. Some terrible PFI deals were done—there is no question about it—but all Government Members ever do is say what Labour did badly. We have admitted that we did...”
- Economic Growth (15 May 2013)
“The Chancellor produces that tired statistic every time we mention investment. Let us take construction. The last time the level of house building was this low was in the 1920s. Overall, the level of construction has fallen 11% in the last year. This is against a background of a chronic need for the jobs and growth that investment can supply. We need a major uplift in the level of investment....”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geoffrey Robinson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 417 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£11,505 (577th)||£9,623 (571st)|
|Office running costs||£11,042 (568th)||£9,576 (599th)||£7,002 (637th)||£6,575||£0||£18,799 (joint 13th with 178 others)||£16,853 (487th)||£0|
|Staffing costs||£99,643 (177th)||£87,806 (323rd)||£81,466 (413th)||£96,911||£89,661 (5th)||£69,854 (195th)||£65,276 (joint 283rd with 2 others)||£48,817 (222nd)|
|Communications Allowance||£10,163 (222nd)||£4,153 (496th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£13,245 (104th)1||£20,118 (18th)2||£9,641 (232nd)||£7,251||£9,390 (355th)||£9,214 (357th)||£8,904 (381st)||£5,313 (452nd)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£1,390 (50th)||£1,370 (58th)||£687 (177th)||£1,304||£209 (363rd)||£0||£142 (402nd)||£978 (138th)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£0||£46 (343rd)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£2,122 (507th)||£814 (joint 308th with 1 other)||£544 (514th)||£1,176||£904 (324th)||£576 (472nd)||£1,176 (263rd)||£708 (joint 447th with 3 others)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£2,295 (328th)||£2,419 (350th)||£4,012||£2,579 (322nd)||£1,645 (476th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£885 (617th)||£698 (622nd)||£0||£1,590 (545th)||£1,590 (joint 531st with 1 other)||£1,590 (joint 503rd with 1 other)||£1,590 (joint 425th with 1 other)|
|Total||£137,606 (483rd)||£127,063 (558th)||£102,457 (625th)||£117,229||£104,333 (593rd)||£101,678 (587th)||£105,446 (485th)||£67,029 (618th)|