This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Gavin Williamson’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for South Staffordshire
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Gavin Williamson
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Gavin Williamson voted on key issues:
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Communities and Local Government, Culture Media and Sport, Education, Treasury, Health
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Mass Media, Departmental Advertising, Departmental Mobile Phones, Departmental Visits Abroad, Departmental Rail Travel
(based on written questions asked by Gavin Williamson and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Finance Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- HGV Road User Levy Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Superannuation bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Pensioners (20 May 2013)
“What steps he is taking to help pensioners.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 89.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Williamson’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 76 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register