This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Francis Maude’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Horsham
- Also represented North Warwickshire
- Minister for the Cabinet Office (since 12 May 2010)
Paymaster General (since 12 May 2010) (note about dates)
- Entered Parliament on 9 June 1983 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Francis Maude
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Francis Maude voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Duchy of Lancaster, Cabinet Office, Treasury, Health, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Trade Unions, Departmental Manpower, Political Parties: Finance, Economic and Monetary Union, Departmental Aviation
(based on written questions asked by Francis Maude and answered by departments)
- Written Ministerial Statements — Cabinet Office: “State of the Estate 2012” (20 May 2013)
“I have today laid before Parliament, pursuant to section 86 of the Climate Change Act 2008, “State of the Estate in 2012”. This report provides an assessment of the efficiency and sustainability of the Government’s Civil Estate and records the progress that Government are making. The report is published on an annual basis.”
- Written Answers — Cabinet Office: Civil Servants: Business Interests (20 May 2013)
“The Business Appointment Rules which apply after leaving office, can be accessed at: http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/about/resources/civil-service -management-code”
- Written Answers — Cabinet Office: Clothing (20 May 2013)
“The Cabinet Office does not have an evening dress allowance.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 105 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Francis Maude’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 814 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£22,207 (181st)||£23,083 (joint 1st with 142 others)||£22,110 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£5,519||£7,050 (592nd)||£16,098 (433rd)||£19,722 (joint 1st with 230 others)||£15,008 (351st)|
|Office running costs||£12,888 (507th)||£18,950 (297th)||£19,789 (joint 386th with 1 other)||£19,954||£19,324 (joint 89th with 9 others)||£18,761 (joint 295th with 4 others)||£16,820 (489th)||£7,917 (578th)|
|Staffing costs||£89,993 (448th)||£87,784 (324th)||£74,735 (561st)||£67,605||£73,437 (211th)||£71,593 (142nd)||£68,815 (131st)||£55,818 (58th)|
|Communications Allowance||£22,373 (3rd)||£7,859 (338th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£6,281 (369th)1||£7,588 (319th)2||£3,061 (554th)||£1,588||£4,004 (567th)||£4,287 (546th)||£3,757 (570th)||£2,946 (567th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£78 (joint 414th with 1 other)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£42 (327th)||£72 (336th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£23 (110th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£2,013 (517th)||£554 (460th)||£665 (432nd)||£566||£320 (joint 585th with 1 other)||£556 (joint 481st with 1 other)||£1,539 (joint 157th with 1 other)||£251 (625th)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£1,378 (496th)||£999 (583rd)||£1,723||£621 (618th)||£876 (582nd)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,111 (joint 476th with 3 others)||£975 (452nd)||£0||£1,940 (joint 220th with 2 others)||£1,940 (joint 216th with 2 others)||£1,940 (joint 213th with 2 others)||£1,940 (joint 203rd with 2 others)|
|Other Costs||£0||£0||£0||£0||£1,170 (80th)||£1,838 (49th)||£0||£7,021 (6th)|
|Total||£155,797 (253rd)||£148,402 (300th)||£122,334 (533rd)||£96,955||£107,866 (570th)||£115,949 (394th)||£112,593 (335th)||£90,979 (267th)|