This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Fiona O'Donnell’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for East Lothian
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Fiona O'Donnell
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Fiona O'Donnell voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted very strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Environment Food and Rural Affairs, Work and Pensions, Scotland, Treasury, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Animal Welfare: Circuses, Marine Conservation Zones, Housing Benefit, Birds of Prey: Conservation, Employment and Support Allowance: East Lothian
(based on written questions asked by Fiona O'Donnell and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- FINANCE (NO. 2) BILL Committee (4 out of 4)
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill Committee (13 out of 17)
- Small Charitable Donations Bill Committee (2 out of 10)
- Civil Aviation Bill Committee (11 out of 14)
- Health and Social Care Bill Committee (12 out of 40)
- Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill: Schedule 6 — Marriage overseas (21 May 2013)
“Will the hon. Gentleman join me in welcoming the vote in the Church of Scotland this week to allow gay ministers?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: New Clause 1 — Education Act 1996 (20 May 2013)
“In relation to teachers, surely we must also think about the children of same-sex couples who could be made to feel in the classroom that the love of their parents is in some way less worthwhile and valued.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 36 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 67.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Fiona O'Donnell’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 83 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register