This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Fiona Bruce’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Congleton
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Fiona Bruce
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Fiona Bruce voted on key issues:
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted for a smoking ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Health, Home Department, Education, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): North Korea, Abortion, Human Trafficking, Financial Services: Education, Foreign Workers: Domestic Service
(based on written questions asked by Fiona Bruce and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Small Charitable Donations Bill Committee (9 out of 10)
- Presumption of Death Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- PARTNERSHIPS (PROSECUTION) (SCOTLAND) BILL [LORDS] Committee (1 out of 1)
- Localism Bill Committee (24 out of 24)
- Public Services (Social Enterprise and Social Value) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Savings Accounts and Health in Pregnancy Grant Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Civil Aviation Bill Committee (13 out of 14)
- Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill: Schedule 6 — Marriage overseas (21 May 2013)
“The Secretary of State speaks of changes. Will she clarify how many Acts of Parliament will have to be amended as a result of the Bill?”
- Written Answers — Health: Abortion (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Health when the abortion statistics for 2012 in England and Wales will be published.”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: New Clause 1 — Education Act 1996 (20 May 2013)
“Will the hon. Gentleman give way?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 54 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 90.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 151 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Fiona Bruce’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 114 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register