This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Fabian Hamilton’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Leeds North East
- Entered Parliament on 1 May 1997 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Fabian Hamilton
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Fabian Hamilton voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted moderately for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted strongly for introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately against replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted moderately for university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Defence, Health, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Home Department, Treasury
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Departmental Pay, Aviation, Data Protection, Telephone Services, RAF Menwith Hill
(based on written questions asked by Fabian Hamilton and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Finance Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Financial Services Bill Committee (18 out of 18)
- Finance (No. 4) Bill Committee (12 out of 14)
- Holocaust (Stolen Art) Restitution Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Pensions Bill Committee (9 out of 22)
- Criminal Justice and Police Bill Committee (7 out of 15)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Children’s Heart Surgery (12 Jun 2013)
“I know that all the families of children affected throughout Yorkshire will welcome today’s statement from the Secretary of State. Will he reassure the House that any future review panel, following whatever timetable he decides, will comprise representatives fairly and equally chosen from all the centres that will be affected by any decisions? Secondly, what assurances can he give that...”
- East Coast Main Line — [Dr William McCrea in the Chair] (5 Jun 2013)
- Written Answers — Defence: Usa (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Defence whether US law applies on US military bases in the UK.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 105 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 135 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Fabian Hamilton’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 68 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£23,421 (121st)||£23,083 (joint 1st with 142 others)||£22,110 (joint 1st with 183 others)||£21,254||£20,902 (joint 1st with 187 others)||£19,222 (308th)||£19,722 (joint 1st with 230 others)||£9,200 (576th)|
|Office running costs||£29,727 (6th)||£30,380 (1st)||£27,407 (54th)||£26,242||£17,506 (384th)||£18,765 (290th)||£18,219 (joint 238th with 2 others)||£6,400 (605th)|
|Staffing costs||£92,291 (397th)||£81,322 (510th)||£79,963 (447th)||£77,302||£72,154 (251st)||£68,023 (joint 228th with 71 others)||£61,910 (joint 441st with 1 other)||£43,867 (411th)|
|Communications Allowance||£10,113 (229th)||£9,809 (182nd)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£13,073 (108th)1||£11,482 (joint 161st with 1 other)2||£13,353 (107th)||£10,987||£12,754 (242nd)||£14,441 (165th)||£10,668 (296th)||£10,311 (200th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£278 (joint 248th with 2 others)||£277 (joint 289th with 2 others)||£273 (joint 292nd with 1 other)||£484||£1,253 (150th)||£448 (joint 279th with 1 other)||£1,587 (83rd)||£388 (279th)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£0||£851 (142nd)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£179 (71st)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£6,649 (76th)||£1,348 (122nd)||£2,514 (60th)||£2,851||£2,277 (92nd)||£1,231 (174th)||£1,917 (97th)||£723 (442nd)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£3,120 (220th)||£7,628 (67th)||£7,595||£6,800 (83rd)||£1,895 (434th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,492 (18th)||£1,125 (joint 205th with 11 others)||£0||£1,984 (joint 97th with 4 others)||£1,984 (joint 91st with 4 others)||£1,872 (353rd)||£1,548 (446th)|
|Other Costs||£8,520 (22nd)||£8,481 (13th)||£973 (59th)||£0||£0||£0||£0||£3,000 (18th)|
|Total||£184,071 (7th)||£171,824 (10th)||£155,346 (47th)||£146,715||£135,630 (106th)||£126,009 (183rd)||£115,895 (258th)||£75,437 (540th)|