This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Mr Ernest Armstrong
Former MP for North West Durham
We’re missing a photo of Mr Ernest Armstrong. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 15 October 1964 — General election
- Left Parliament on 18 May 1987 — General election
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
No data to display yet.
Most recent appearances
- Roads and Pavements (Maintenance) (13 May 1987)
“I thank the Minister for his kind remarks. It has been a great privilege and honour to serve the House. I have been particularly fortunate in having been a Minister and then a Deputy Speaker. As Deputy Speaker, I have enjoyed my service in the House. I have listened to a great number of speeches to which I would not otherwise have listened. It has been interesting. It is a great honour to sit...”
- Consumer Protection Bill [Lords]: Suspension Notices (13 May 1987)
“With this we may take the following amendments: No. 35 in clause 34, page 30, line 8, leave out `and'. No. 36, in page 30, line 10, at end insert `; and(c) it is shown that the officer did not have reasonable grounds for exercising the power'.”
- Abolition of Domestic Rates etc. (Scotland) Bill: Liability for Personal Community Charge (13 May 1987)
“The hon. Member for East Lothian (Mr. Home Robertson) must withdraw that remark immediately.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- 0 people are tracking this MP.