This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Former Conservative MP for Bromley and Chislehurst
- Also represented Mid Worcestershire
- Entered Parliament on 9 June 1983 — General election
- Left Parliament on 17 May 2006 — Died
- Majority: 13,342 votes.
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Eric Forth voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted moderately for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party.
Most recent appearances
- Foreign Nationals (Deportation and Removal) (26 Apr 2006)
“How many of those criminals had a previous criminal record, either here or in their own country?”
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (22 Mar 2006)
“What about unemployment?”
- Party Political Funding (20 Mar 2006)
“Why did the Minister decide to make her statement today?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2006: MP did not accept messages via WriteToThem.
- Has voted in 64.75% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation. (From Public Whip)
- 17 people are tracking this MP.
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source).
|Type||2008/09||2007/08||2006/07||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£17,285 (423rd)||£18,902 (325th)||£16,541 (483rd)||£13,080 (481st)|
|Office running costs||£16,579 (428th)||£18,312 (429th)||£16,871 (484th)||£7,916 (579th)|
|Staffing costs||£74,819 (148th)||£71,841 (84th)||£70,500 (70th)||£37,178 (563rd)|
|Members' Travel||£1,886 (622nd)||£1,974 (615th)||£3,054 (589th)||£2,106 (592nd)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Members' Spouse Travel||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£516 (joint 494th with 1 other)||£529 (joint 495th with 1 other)||£595 (526th)||£705 (joint 451st with 1 other)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||N/A||N/A||N/A||£1,259 (534th)||£1,122 (544th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,899 (joint 303rd with 1 other)||£1,899 (299th)||£1,899 (294th)||£1,899 (277th)|
|Total||£114,243 (501st)||£114,579 (428th)||£109,460 (406th)||£62,884 (634th)|