This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Eilidh Whiteford’s activity (no more than once per day)
Scottish National Party MP for Banff and Buchan
- Entered Parliament on 6 May 2010 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Eilidh Whiteford
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Eilidh Whiteford voted on key issues:
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Work and Pensions, Energy and Climate Change, Home Department, Treasury, Transport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Crisis Loans, Scotland, Departmental Buildings, Mass Media, Lost Property
(based on written questions asked by Eilidh Whiteford and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
- Wreck Removal Convention Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Personal Independence Payment (16 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what (a) cost savings will be made and (b) benefits for the claimant will result from reassessing personal independence payment claimants who have a degenerative illness.”
- Written Answers — Scotland: Housing Benefit (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland how many bilateral meetings (a) he and (b) Ministers in his Department have had with the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions or other Ministers in that department to discuss the effects of the introduction of size-criteria for the housing benefit of people renting in the social rented sector since 1 June 2010.”
- Written Answers — Scotland: Welfare State: Reform (15 May 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland how many bilateral meetings (a) he and (b) Ministers in his Department have had with the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions or other Ministers in that department to discuss the effects of welfare reform in Scotland since 1 June 2010.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 60 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 95 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 50.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
Note SNP MPs do not vote on legislation not affecting Scotland.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 41 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Eilidh Whiteford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 117 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 7 May 2013. More about the Register